How does it work?
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) & Glycolic Acid Peels help loosen and remove the dead surface layers of skin to exfoliate and smooth skin, as well as provide skin renewal and anti-aging benefits.
NeoStrata® ProSystem utilises three alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), that are naturally occurring “fruit acids” found in fruits and other foods:
- Glycolic Acid is found naturally in sugar cane
- Citric Acid is found naturally in citrus fruits
- Mandelic acid found naturally in almonds
What to expect
NeoStrata® ProSystem superficial peels, often referred to as “lunchtime peels”, are brief in-office procedures that are performed under the supervision of a dermatologist or cosmetic doctor. Often there is no noticeable healing or recovery time and skin looks and feels normal within a few hours to a day.
Peels are also neutralised at the end of the treatment to ensure your skincare professional has the maximum control over your peel procedure. This allows your us to design a treatment program to specifically meet your individual needs and manage your skin concerns effectively.
Benifits of a Chemical Peel
A series of Glycolic Acid peels can help the skin appear healthier, smoother, plumper, firmer, less oily and more even toned with fewer acne blemishes.
Benefits of A Skin Rejuvenation Peel
It is important to have realistic expectations in regard to what a Glycolic Acid Peel or series of peels can accomplish and to discuss your requirements with your skincare professional. The following are the types of improvements that can be expected:
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Evening of skin tone and lightened discolorations.
- Diminished appearance of pore size.
- Improved skin tone and texture.
- Reduced appearance of blemishes in acne prone skin.
- Visual softening of shallow acne scars.
- Increased skin glow or radiance.